Monday, January 30, 2017

XOXO

   
     Before I share my final layout with you this month I would like to thank Blue Fern Studios for choosing me as their "Fan" of the month.  It has been a wonderful honor and opportunity to work alongside the very talented BFS design team.  I absolutely adore Blue Fern Studio products from their gorgeous paper collection, coordinating blooms to embossing powders etc!


Hello all of you Blue Fern Studio fans!  Kathleen here with another layout for you.  This time we are leaving the tropics far behind and landing in Ireland with my second daughter.  Here we were visiting the beautiful town of Trim.
 
  
I used the beautiful Twilight Fable paper with lovely rose bouquets scatter all around.  To begin this layout I used note punch and used it randomly around the paper.  I used a doily punch on one of the strips you cut off from the bottom of the paper and glued equal pieces behind the first punch outs then backed it all with white cardstock. Then using a stencil and modeling paste I created a linear background to the design.
 



Next I cut out then layered the note cards, cut outs lace and chipboard.  The chipboard is so gorgeous.  I used seafoam embossing powder on half of the chippie and painted the rest in red top with pink pearl glitter.  The chippie was cut into sections then tucked into the layers.
 


 
I selected blooms from the Dark Tropical Lilies and Attic Charm Glitter Roses plus a couple from my stash.  Then using a deep pink rose paint and tea stain brown I painted around the layers topping it off with white splatters.  Finally I added a few red pearl dots from my stash and voila we are done!

 
Blue Fern Studios products used
 
Memoires collection
Twilight Fable
Photographic Record
 
Chipboard
Heartland XOXO
 
Glitter
Pink Pearl
 
Blooms
Dark Tropic Lilies
Attic Charm Glitter Roses
 
Embossing Powder
Sea Foam
 

 

My Story

My last layout as Fan of the Month.  This is my son when as a tot.  I have had this photo in my pile of pics to scrap for years!  Then I saw this gorgeous paper in the Memoires collection called "autumn biography" and I knew it was perfect for this picture.
 




For the back ground I used a mask and pasted. After that dried I layered my note card using pop dots in between each layer to give height allowing space for tucking bits and pieces. I cutout the girl holding a journal from the note card "My Story" and tucked it into the foliage.
Finally using some green  and burnt red water colors I shaded in areas around the design.  Then came a few copper micro beads and blue glass beads to complete it.
 

 
I keep all of my scraps for future use such as these cut outs I used here from the Autumn Anthology collection.  These collections blend seamlessly together. 
When you don't have a lot of blooms just pull apart layers and tuck them into the foliage as shown above.  Then add a few beads to the bottom layer and viola another complete bloom shown below.
 


 Blue Fern Products used:
 
Memoires collection
Autumn Biography
Calling Cards
Autumn Anthology collection
Robin
 
Flowers
Heartland Blossoms
Heartland Roses and Blooms
 


*************
Thank you for stopping by today.
 
Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment