Sunday, February 3, 2013

A 1930's Lad

A 1930's Lad.



 A row of banners gives more character to the piece.  The color choice gives it more of a boyish feel.
This is a picture of my father taken when he was just a lad.  I felt G45's Song Bird collection was the perfect choice for this layout.  It gives that old world feel and takes you back to an era long gone by.  My grandfather was an avid gardener so I choose to add a garden patch to this piece.

Well, last night as this layout sat on the display shelf it contemplated its design and found itself lacking.  So this morning it called out to me and said, "I need something more to frame this lad.  I searched for the perfect papers to add that certain somethin', somethin' to give him more life.  He is happy now!

This just in...."A 1930's Lad" was the random winner over at SCRAP THAT for the layer it on challenge!

I am entering this layout into the new just for boys blog site "About a Boy" challenge.
http://itsabouttheboys.blogspot.com/p/how-we-work.html
I just entered this piece into the Sketch with Color Feb. Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest work!  You are awesome!!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Such wonderful detail! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Masculine with a feminine touch! So glad you played along at AAB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... those layers are fabulous!! I am also happy to read that I am not the only girl whose layouts call out to her. :)

    Thanks for playing in the About A Boy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also a very good job with the color challenge!! Thanks for also joining us at SWC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, great job combining the challenges, thanks for joining us at AAB and SWC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely vintage layout! Thanks for joining us at AAB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page! I love all the details and layering. Thank you for playing along at About a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page! Thanks for joining us at the SWC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful LO Thanks for playing along with us at AAB and SWC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathleen

    Your page was so gracious ... I loved the richness of detail! Thanks for playing with us!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen, this is gorgeous! I love the layering and the photo is so precious! Thanks for joining us at AAB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathleen, your layout is wonderful!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed with anyone who can use G45 papers. This is lovely. Glad you came over to AAB

    ReplyDelete