Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tags for Tando Creative

It is my pleasure to share with you these two tags I created with Tando Creative products.
The color scheme this month is a wonderful combo of pink, orange and green.  The first thing I thought of was spring.  This is my tribute to the famous book "The Secret Garden".   The leaf at the top also pulls out to reveal a card.
I used these beautiful leaf and clock hand chipboard to create a pullout to reveal a secret place to write a note to that special someone.
I clipped off an end of the leaf chipboard to create a pull for the card hidden in the garden above.
I first applied a coat of gesso to the chipboard pieces before I chalked over them.  I wanted to give them an earthy feel as if you just found them lying in the garden.



I just had to throw in this steampunk tag since I had such fun using Andy Skinner's Incognito stencil, and these fabulous chipboard cogs and clock hand.  I hope you will check out my blog for more details and close ups.  http://kathsdesigns.blogspot.com
 For this tag I layered three varying size tags and then used the Incognito stencil to masking all along the left side.  For the cogs and clock hand I first applied a coat of gesso and then use a painting technique to achieve the the metallic look.  The inside of the heart is a cluster of beads.
I made an easel stand using the cog and clock hand chipboard.  Beads where included in the center of the clock hand.  So often we have these beautiful creations and don't have a way to display them.  I hope you have enjoyed you visit and look forward to seeing you again.

products used:
A Skinner Stencil/Mask - IncognitoAndy Skinner's Incognito stencil
Heart Cogs Mix Small Tando Creative small cogs

Clock Hands Tando Creative clock hands





Leaf Flourish 110mmTando Creative small leaf

Papers by Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection and Steampunk Spells collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment