Tuesday, May 27, 2014

USA Make it happen

Greetings friends, Kathleen White here.  Today's project is a modern take on a traditional 4th of July layout.  I took this picture of my daughter and her husband last July and thought that I would make a 4th of July layout with it.  Red, white and blue those were the colors I had in mind.  Then the kind ladies over at Lulupu-The Craft lounge ask  me to be a guest designer this month with a movie theme.  This 7 Dots Studio paper just had the right saying for an American layout. So here is a still from the movie, USA Make it Happen!

Freeze frame

Washi tape film style frames the pictures.  I have mounted the picture red card stock and since I ran out of pop dots I used a piece of card board to raise it up giving it dimension.  I cut out the lions to further frame my subject.  I call them my  MGM lions! 

The gears were inked in black and the one around the flag was also given some silver ink around the edges to make it stand out. 
The light was inked in black them the bottom or the bulb was sprayed in yellow and the surrounding area was also given a spray or two for the glowing light.  This paint really has a beautiful shine to it.
Tags are tuck into the sides for journaling.
Black sewing thread was given a good wadding and stuffed up under the picture  providing more texture and interest.
Thank you for stopping by to see what the papers are saying today.

Papers

7 Dots Studio; Queen of Hearts
Paper Craft; Picnic


Embellishments

Creative Embellishments; gears sm, md, lg, chipboard  and light fixture
Heidi Swap; paint(mustard)
Tando Creative Andy Skinner Incognito stencil
Stash items; black thread, ink, washi tape

The Crafty Scrapper Use layers

Once Upon a Sketch  Journal entry is on the side tag.  It tells about our day trip to downtown Dallas.




3 comments:

  1. Love all the little chippy elements you've got going here....& like I said on FB..that rip down the middle of the page...looks FABULOUS!!! Well, I think it was on FB I said that??!!! Eitherways, as ALWAYS, so happy to have you playing with us at OUAS:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely grungy feel layout. Love your take on the sketch and the chippies are lovely. Love the colours and the washi frame looks so cool. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete