Monday, June 16, 2014

Be Mine

"The best things in life aren't things".  How true!  This is my second entry this month for Once Upon a Sketch.  I just found the quote so apprapo to this layout.  There is nothing like the well of love that springs forth when you have a child.  A feeling that lasts your life time and something that money can't buy.

 Jot Magazine  has this marvelous mood board this month that was my jumping point for this layout.  I love the color combo, flowers and the use of alphabets. 
MRDISRETROGREEN
 I took old alphabet thickers and created my back ground with them. I added more texture with a polka dot mask.  They were originally pink so I went over them several times with coats of gesso.    I cascaded white and soft minty flowers down one side and flowed pearls down the other.  My goal was to keep everything soft and light in keeping with a little girl.  Here she is hugging a bunny.  It is only one of a few pictures I have of her as a baby. 
 This cute little cherub was originally gold.  So while I painted the frame white I just gave him a make over as well. 

 A few close ups.
 Thank you for stopping by to see what the papers are saying today.  I also enjoy and appreciate your visit and kind words.  Blessings, Kath

Papers

Fancy Pants Designs, Enchanted

Embellishments

Fancy Pants Designs, Be.loved stickers and envelope
Maya Road white flowers
Petaloo blue flowers
Graphic 45 butterlies
Creative Embellishments, chipboard frame
TCW 6x6 Template, polka dots
Stash items, pearls, lace thickers, cherub

Jot Magazine Mood board

Once Upon a Sketch  Journaling is on the tag in the envelope.  It reads "The best things in life aren't things.  Like cuddling a stuffed bunny and feeling secure and happy.  October 1985.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I saw this on FB just now, so had to pop on over for your closies! So glad you enjoyed this sketch - the softness with this colour combo is adorable...& that cherub - PERFECT!!! Love this one, too:):) And of COURSE, so happy you joined in...again;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen I love this layout and the use of the thickers to create that background is so clever. The gesso looks wonderful and I love the colours. This is a fave for me. Thanks for playing along with us again this month at OUAS... two entries is impressive :D

    ReplyDelete