Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween card for Paper Wings Production DT

Halloween card for Paper Wings Productions Design Team


Kathleen here and I can't wait to share these Halloween cards that I design from this month's Nesting components kit.





First up is this fall leaves card sprinkled with unexpected delights! I used the items below to create
this card.



For this sweet darling of a card I used the black card form found in the kit.
Next I used a decorative punch on the end of the jack-o-lantern paper and tucked a gold doily behind it.  Finally I cut out of of the fun clip art photos topped it with some dots a cute chipboard trick or treat bag and some flowers. 



One of my favorite elements from this kit is the totally cool 6x6  skeleton stencil.


  Here is how I made this card.

1. Using an artists palette knife spread a thin layer  DecoArt Dimensional effects texture paste over the skeleton stencil on a piece of black card stock and let dry.  Once dry cut out the skeleton mask.

2.  I selected the orange card provided in the kit and put a stripe of washi tape (also included in the kit) along the top and bottom of the card extending it to the back side.

3.  Put pop dots on the back of the skeleton mask and adhere it to the center of the card.  Glue the boo cut out to side and viola!

I also used the washi tape on the inside of the card.

Thank you for joining me here today and let your creativity take flight!

Items used for the above project can be found in this kit.


Halloween Hodgepodge Mixed Media Kit
The Halloween Hodge Podge Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit contains the following:
- Shrink Plastic Sampler Pack: 2 each of clear, translucent, white and black
- Skull 6"x6" stencil from Crafter's Workshop
- StazOn Midi Ink Pad - Black
- Halloween Stripe Washi Tape from Queen & Co
- Fall/Halloween Clear Stamp Set
- Water Soluble Oil Pastels
- Paper Bag (style will vary)
- Halloween Confetti
- Skull Beads
- Hand Dyed Tags
- 6"x6" Paper from My Mind's Eye
- 6 colored A2 size cards (2 green, 2 orange, 2 black)
- 1 yard of ribbon
- Assorted Die Cut Frames
- Clip Art Sheet


I use the palette knife from this tool set.


No comments:

Post a Comment