Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8, 2015 "Capture Life"




Layout design for:






I am super excited to be asked to join the Nani Ke Ola design team! This is a group of super talented ladies and I am so proud to be a part of the team.  So today I am happy to share with you my first layout.  The store is chalk full of wonderful 7 Dots Studio collections.  I found this old family picture of my sister's family and it just felt so at home with this Lost and Found Typewriter paper.


I began by placing my picture off center of the paper then layering a collection of Lost and Found tags around the picture until I was satisfied with the overall look.  I always like to snap a shot of my design so I can make sure I know the exact placement later.  
With all the elements scooted to the side I take my Soulmates-square mask and apply a thin layer of molding past then let dry.

Next I take my paint brush and begin with a random coat of walnut stain and let dry.  Come back with a brush heavy with Lindy's stamp Gang Blazing sun and Incandescent Copper from their Autumn Leaves-side kicks and dot here and there.  Let the paint flow around the stencil design.  The colors are rich and have a gorgeous shimmer to them that just doesn't translate well in photos.


Us your favorite stamps with black ink to add more interest to your design.  I also came back at this point with the 7 Dots Studio-Destination Unknown-Stencil and randomly placed roman numerals and flying birds.


My chipboard pieces received a coat of black paint followed by spattering from the Lindy's Stamp Gang-Autumn Leaves-Side Kicks.





Before I place my picture I glue down some waded up black thread and black netting.  Mount the picture with some thick card board.
Tip: save all of those threads, buttons and such that come attached to your garments.  They make perfect accessories for your layouts!



Thank you for stopping by to have a look.  I hope what you have seen will inspire you to let your own creativity take flight. Please stop by the store to see what's new or just to stock up on your favorite items!



  
Papers

Mixed Media

Stampendous-Mica flecks
Walnut stain
Stash item: black thread, black netting



scrapki-wyzwaniowo:September challenge 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, so many details :) Thank you for playing with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout! Love this gorgeous background! All the best from Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, stunning layout! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo xx

    ReplyDelete