Friday, February 13, 2015

Capture the Moment



               Capture the Moment (Frosted Designs DT)

Friday's challenge this week is to Get Messy x2... Ink, paint, mists, molding paste, gesso (must use 2).   I went mixed media crazy!!  At least crazy for me!!  lol




 I took this picture of my son during a health event for children when we lived in Germany.  My idea for the layout was to show time stopped just for a moment. 

 I started with a lovely pale blue and white polka dotted paper.  Next, I laid a polka dotted stencil on the paper and rubbed some metallic blue berry gelato on then continue by paint-able texture paste.  This gives you a wonderful multicolor look.  I took a stamp and dabbed orange ink onto it.  They look like large paint splashes.  Finally I misted some light blue paint followed by painting many layers and splashing.  Now I used another stamp with black ink for a little drama.  The rings received a coat of guava dimensional crystal.  The gears and photo frame were sprayed black.  The final step was adding beads in a couple of the rings.


Here you can see the beads.

I hope I have inspired you to let your creativity take flight!  Have a wonderful crafty weekend!

 

 Word & Paintery

 scrapki-wyzwaniowo

Scrapping Clearly Scrapbooking  I love the color palette and was further inspired by te outdoorsy feel and the camera.

MOODBOARD CHALLENGE 

Studio 75 

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I love all the texture and details on this- I could stare at it all day! Fabulous work on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing LO! thankYou for playing along with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL!!!! so fun prodject! thanks for playinig with us in scrapky-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and crazy :-)
    Thank You for playing at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the circle theme you used ! Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. It's wow. Thanks for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project :) Thank You for playing with Studio75 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice project! Thank you for joining our challenge at Studio75!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful layout. Thank You for playing with Studio75 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work!!! Thank you for joining us in Studio75!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super idea with clocks :) Thank you for playing with Studio75!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your layout - thanks for playing along with us at Words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout. Love your work with mixed media

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout ! A lot of gorgeous details in there ! Thanks for playing with the Scrapping Clearly moodboard!

    ReplyDelete