"Dream" ( Creative Embellishments DT)
Every dream begins with a dreamer. I have had this canvas in my stash just waiting for the perfect inspiration. I think of February as a month of day dreams. With Creative Embellishments I found the perfect pieces for this dream catcher. I started with this lacey doily and then followed with Flourish Clock, Chain Boarder, Ivy Spray, Twig Frame with fall leaves, Birds. You can see the soft pink ombre affect throughout the layers which I created with several different pink paint mists.
Please be inspired by at least one element in the photo and the twist is use an ombre effect anywhere on your project. For example on your background, on a chippie piece, or layered papers…etc for the Creative Embellishments challenge.
Steps for creating this canvas
1. Apply a coat of gesso over the entire canvas and to all of the chipboard pieces ( lacey doily, Flourish Clock, Chain Boarder, Ivy Spray, Twig Frame with fall leaves, Birds). I only used the fall leaves from the Twig frame set.
2. Apply some molding paste to the leaves, bird and the flourish part of the clock. Allow to dry
3. Start gluing the chipboard to the canvas in this order; doily, chain, ivy(just the bottom portion and apply it to the bottom of the canvas), clock and last but not least the bird.
4. Begin misting the entire piece with Shimmeringz Baby's Breath let dry then taking a paint brush dab the doily with Spritz Cotton Candy and part of the clock. Continue by using the darker pinks on the clock and the flourish tail only.
5. Glue on your flowers and give them a good coat of gesso. Glue on the angel resin and mist with Baby's breath. Finish by adding some pixie dust on the flowers edge of the clock.
lacey doily, Flourish Clock, Chain Boarder, Ivy Spray, Twig Frame with fall leaves, Birds
Shimmers Spritz(Cotton Candy), Shimmeringz(Baby's Breath), Blingz(Pixie Dust)
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist(Vintage Pink), Glaze(Plumeria)
metal key and flower, flowers, angel
Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance mood board
I was inspired by the soft pastels, the cozy birds nest and the layers of blooms.
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Think pink! My canvas is an explosion of pink!
Clique Kits Anything goes.