Monday, October 5, 2015

Halloween Night



Easy Peasy layout design {The Robin's Nest}

We just moved in to our new home on Halloween several years back and the children had long since flown the nest so who can I dress up for the night?  That's right my fur babies!


As we gear up for the holidays our time spent of crafting lessens.  So today I would like to show you how to create this cute layout in minimal time.  We start off with this adorable  The Robin's Nest-Black Bat Cardstock.
Black Bats Glitter Cardstock

I had bits and pieces of purple card stock and The Robin's Nest-Forest Trees Specialty paper  which I torn in strips.  The pumpkins were painted orange then tipped with white paint to give them a moon glow. One of the pumpkins with vine was placed in the top corner over the card stock pieces.
 
 Last month you saw my layout(if not check on my September 14th blog post)with the black bats.  The Robin's Nest-Bats Glitter Chipboard contains both black and purple bats. This time I used the purple ones to contrast with the  black bat Cardstock.  Using Helmar liquid Scrap dots they are now elevated on the page to add a 3d look.

To begin the main piece I took one strip of , The Robin's Nest-Forest Trees Specialty paper which has a tree design on the front and a gold and cream design on the back and  punched them with two separate lace designs.  One piece is placed on the bottom and the other on top of the purple torn piece. They add light and airiness to the design.  The web chip board was first painted black then embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang-Silver Moon Turquoise embossing powder.
The picture was matted in black.  I found this purple chip board frame in my stash which is the perfect color for the bats!  I couldn't resist using it to frame my sweet Dorry who has long since left us.  I glued a piece of cardboard on the back of the picture so I could tuck bits and pieces underneath.  Now on to the layers!  First I placed the rub on title from The Robin's Nest-Halloween Rub-ons.
 
Next I placed my pumpkins and spiderwebs followed by the flowers and cheese clothe and ending with my little fussy cut spooks!

Voila the project is complete!
 
Thank you for stopping by and having a peek.  I hope what you have seen inspires you to let your own creativity take flight!  Don't forget to check out the store to see what's new or just to stock up on those items you need for your holiday crafts!



Creative Embellishments-Pumpkin corner chipboard and spider webs
Lindy's Stamp Gang-Silver Moon Turquoise embossing powder
Tattered Angels-Valencia Chalkboard
Art Anthology-Raider paint
Stash items; cheese clothe, flowers on a vine





No comments:

Post a Comment