Monday, December 28, 2015

Amazing {Chattering Robin's DT mixed media layout}



Hi everyone!  Kathleen here with my final project as a Chattering Robin's designer.

I would like to thank The Robin's Nest for allowing me to design with their wonderful paper collections and embellishments.  I was a huge fan of their products long before I became a designer for them.  Their dew drops are one of a kind and so very fun to use in multiple ways.  It has been so much fun and a privilege creating projects for you Robin's Nest fans out there.

Today I would like to share a layout I created featuring my favorite Shimmer Diamond Dew Drops.  As we head into yet another New Year I wanted to look back at all the fun times I had like this trip to Paris.

What an "Amazing" adventure!






I started with this fabulous Star Border Glitter Cardstock and cut it in half then glued the top to the bottom with the stars now in the center of the page.  Using two different stencils and modeling paste I created a faux city scape background.


I layered several cut outs from the Wedding Cut-Outs Cardstock behind the picture.


Using True Blue stickles I traced the outline of the word chipboard.  The gorgeous Eiffel Tower by Gina's Designs was embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Silver Moon Turquoise embossing powder.

Dabbing my paint brush in water then again in gesso I lightly paint around the cut-outs and along the center.  After that dries I come back and lightly use Lindy's Stamp Gang Hydrangea Blue followed by Ponderosa Pines Olive.

Finally I scatter the Shimmer Diamond Dew Drops, opaque on top and clear on bottom.  The final touch is lightly going over the bits of the layout with BoBunny Silver glitter paste.




I hope what you have seen here today ignites your own creativity to take flight!


Happy New Years!!!



Robin's Nest products


Star Border Glitter Cardstock 
Shimmer Diamond Dew Drops 

4 comments:

  1. Stunning layout.. love how you have used the colors in your photo on your back ground.. fabulous details..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and love all the details. I've tried doing mixed media backgrounds but nothing like this...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow.. Beautiful layout! Thanks for Playing at My Creative Sketches,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page. I love the vibrant colors. Thank you for playing along at MCS!

    ReplyDelete