Saturday, May 11, 2013

I will cherish u always

                                          I WILL CHERISH  U ALWAYS

                           May 12th daily featured layout at Scrapbook.com

I can't believe my babies are all grown up.  My youngest, Katie, was given  a photo session to show off her new teeth after years of wearing braces.  As it happened it was also, Frauke's graduation year.  My son, Brendan, flew in to celebrate. 

I will cherish u always

 I took these chipboard pieces gesso them and then inked them afterwards to give an earthy feel.  The fairies received a sprinkling of glitter to their wings.  Cheese clothe is inked and tucked up under the frame. 
 This view gives you a better feel for the dimensional feel I was going for.
I purchased this cherish u plate many, many years ago!  I distressed it with some brown ink to fit more sedately with the rest of the page.  This element is for the "all things become new" challenge over at Scrapping everyday Miracles.  The fairies I just acquired this month.  So, here is the old and new.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek.  You are awesome!  Come back again soon.



I will be entering this layout in the following challenges:

Jot mood board
Jot Magazine
smallJOTMOODBOARDTEMPLATE



21 comments:

  1. What an absolutely GORGEOUS layout! Love the chipboard frame and beautiful flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathleen, This is just gorgeous!! I love how you embraced our All Things Have Become New Challenge at Scrapping Everyday MIracles!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very complicated chippy arrangement but it works. This looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing lo. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Archi-scraps with this divine page! Such a wonderful photo, & a beautifully styled page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is sooo lovely! the textures and coloring is gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - all the framework looks amazing, thanks for playing at Archi-scraps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful!Thanks so much for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm, you made a nice page but I can not see how you combined two sketches?, thank you for joining SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this is a truly beautiful page and I can clearly see your take on the CEM May sketch. However I have to chime in with Bellaidea, I have difficulties in seeing how you incorporated the SATW moodboard and sketch into your page. Thank you for sharing your work with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I see this in our linky tool but the sketch/mood board combo is not showing up for me & I can't see a link back to our challenge. Our rules allow you to combine with other challenges but I would find it impossible to combine 2 sketch challenges but you've done great with the C'est Magnifique sketch for sure! Beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice work love the chippie its awesome good luck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout! I love the chipboard piece you used and all the layering. Thanks for playing along at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous layout! I love every detail of the embellishment you used on your layout. Thank you for playing with us at SEM Challenge!
    (Helen G.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty. I love the use of chipboard and think you did an amazing job! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this pretty layout Kathleen...so much fun stuff to take in!! Great job on our challenge this month over at SEM...so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge Kathleen -- looks great! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! What an amazing piece of work :0) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchbook365 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful page, thank you for playing with us at Sketchbook365!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I missed this earlier! THanks for playing along with my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete