Sunday, May 19, 2013

Princess and the pea

I started this layout with several challenges in mind.  We go to the Dallas Arboretum several times a year.  Last year they had a princess and the pea house.  I scooped Eloise up and put her in the princess bed.  So here is my homage to this fairy tale and I hope you like it.

I started the layout on the back side of this lovely paper by Prima Marketing.  Then it all went terribly wrong when I made an attempt to do some masking.  So I flipped the paper over used some Graphic 45 Bird Song paper as a border and this is the result. It turned out a little fussier than I planned.

Princess and the pea
There is a new kid on the block for scrape book challenges.  Scrap Around the World.  This month is there first challenge for everyone to tryout.  I hope you do.

This is there mood board and sketch.  This is my interpretation.



As you can see I used far more than three patterned papers and a rubon for the Scrap our Stash Challenge.  The other papers were scraps in my stash and I do not remember who made them.

The Scrap Africa challenge was to use chipboard.  There are several scattered around the page!

Zeus and Zoe for the mood board.
 Thank you for joining me in fairyland today!  It is always a delight to see you and welcome you into my realm.  Here's wishing you a magical day.

I will be entering this layout into the following challenges.

Scrap Africa

Scrap Our Stash

zeus and zoe
Scrap Around the World

27 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Thanks for joining us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty page and great job mixing and matching your patterned papers! Thank you for joining in our Stash Challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pearl accents! Thank you for playing along with us at Red Carpet Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! thanks for playing along with SOS and RCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation ! Thanks for joining us at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, just great!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! Love all the little details. Every time I look at it I see something new! Thank so much for joining us over at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your layout is so beautiful! You put a lot of details to it! Thank you for entering RCS challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa with our chipboard challenge :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a bunch for sharing your pretty page with us at SATW! I particularly like the sweet florals and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the lace mixed with the distressing on your layout, what a great layout! Thanks for playing with SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty!!! We love the Dallas Arboretum too! Love all the details and the mix of patterned papers! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty layout! So glad we somehow inspired you at Scrap Around the World!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute page, thank you so much for joining Scrap Around The World challenge this month, I hope you will like June's sketch and Mood Board too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely page, so cute! i love the picture. thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is very pretty. Thank you for taking part in this Scrap Africa challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning LO, it's just beautiful! Great job mixing all the patterned papers, thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous page, with so many gorgeous details! Really fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Zeus and Zoe and Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun page! I love all the layers and the pop of pink. Thanks for joining the challenge at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun and delightful page! Layers and details are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet page. Love the beautiful textured layers.
    Thanks for joining us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful layout, I'm loving all those layers! Thanks so much for joining us in the June Zeus and Zoe Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete