Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How a fish tale grows

My daughter went on a fishing trip with friends.  Here is their catch of the day.

  My Sweet Earth challenge for July is to use these friendly colors and asked what we would like to grow.  Well, besides a tall tale but also life long friendships.  Create to Live Challenge

Here is the sketch I used from Sketchbook365


Today I decided to tryout a couple of techniques I have seen floating around the blogs.  I used color spritzing, color washing and chalking with a stencil.  I gessoed the cardboard frame and used it to add that white washed effect you see at the shore.  The tendrils of cheese clothe sea weed have been chalked.  Of course, I need to have my bit of whimsy which is the fish at the end of the rope.  Who could make up a story like that!



I added beads for added beach"y" effect on the sea weed and frame.  The fish and frame were hand made which is the DIY project over at  Scrap Your Story .
Thank you for stopping by to see what the papers are saying today.  I always enjoy your visit! 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he love this page of yours! absolutely fantastic details! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to scrap about how a fish tale "grows;" that made me chuckle. :). Your page has a great "outdoorsy" feel, and I love all the little details, especially the tiny beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love how you really kept the theme going with your embellishments, and thanks so much for commenting on my SATW lo,I really appreciate that!! have a great weekend, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. Beautiful. Love all the amazing textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your use of colour and texture on your layout is beautiful Kathleen.Your embellishments fit so perfectly with your theme.
    Thank you for joining in at My Sweet Earth Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I like what you did with this challenge! Thanks for sharing a playing with SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how kept to your "fishy" theme with the embellishments and techniques. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Story.

    ReplyDelete