Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life is but a dream

Some of you maybe saying to yourselves, "this layout seems oddly familiar".  Yes, the large butterfly was taken off another layout and re-purposed.  Have you ever made a layout and later looked at it and said it just isn't working for you?  Now I am happy with how this butterfly plays in the garden.

Scrap Around the World inspired me with this mood board and sketch to create "life is but a dream".
I laid the sketch of its side.  I loved the cluster of flowers from the corset and made a garden for my butterfly.  The wooden frame was incorporated as my angles brackets.  And lace, for that light ethereal, whimsical feel in the layout.

 Back in the day before digital cameras one always took the chance that your image might not be the best but you also didn't want to take a ton of the same image because processing cost soooo much for pictures that may be duds.  I loved this picture of my baby girl but the back ground was dark and gloomy.  So, here is how I took a poor picture and made it into a work of art to be enjoyed for years to come. So I thought this would be a perfect challenge entry for Berry 71 blue where you are free to create anything you want.
 The ribbon is tied to a tag that reads, "seeds to grow" and attached to a butterfly in flight.  This is how I see the mother child connection. 


 I would like to wish everyone over at Challenge Me Happy a fond farewell and a big thank you.  They are closing their wonderful inspirational blog down after 2 1/2 years and 50 challenges. 
 Thank you for stopping by to see what the papers are saying today.  You are awesome. 

12 comments:

  1. You did turn that photo into a work of art. I just love the garden of flowers . Beautiful layout. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW!! this is so adorable!! what an amazing LO!! thanks for joining us at Scrap around the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout! Thanks so much for joining in at Scrap Around The World!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet layout and yes, I've definitely taken projects apart and re-purposed elements. I took this class last fall because it was bundled with another class that I really wanted to take and I've pretty much taken the whole thing apart by now, lol.

    I love the layering on this layout and the way you fussy cut around the photo then added the butterfly behind it. Gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us for the July Berry71Bleu Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creative cropping of your photo. Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu and Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet and pretty page. I love how you have used the butterfly ( again ). Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! I love how you used the ribbon. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a darling sweet page! love how the ribbon flows over the page, I have definitely been known to take old layouts apart and re-using bits and pieces in new ones. Thank ever so much for sharing your pretty page with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely page, Kathleen!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! I really love this layout. thanks for joining us at Scrap around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout and details! Love the swirl of ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you placed the big butterfly, and I love all the doily pieces that you used on this page. Lovely work from you, as always.

    ReplyDelete